CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday 21 September 2011

A pat on the back with a tinge of sadness.

One of the things I have enjoyed about breastfeeding is being a milk donor. However the rules have changed so now ds has hit 9 months old i can no longer donate to the milk bank. Sad as I am to not be a donor any more, I feel very pleased to say that in total over both babies I have donated approximately 28 litres of milk to help the tiniest and sickest babies. It may not change the world, but it may have changed someones world.

3 comments:

Crystal Theresa said...

you did a beautiful thing for all of those babies :)

Me said...

Fantastic!

You could still donate in a less formal manner. There are lots of milksharing groups on Facebook :)

Bernardeena said...

I have joined a milksharing group. They are a fabulous thing, however there are several donors in my area and not many people looking for milk. I think most people don't really know milksharing exists so until it gets more publicity there will be babies missing out on freely and lovingly given milk.